The shutter of ball valve buttweld is a sphere. It is a valve that opens and closes by rotating the ball 90 degrees around the center line of the valve body. Straight-through ball valve is mainly used for cutting off medium in pipeline. The structure forms are two-piece and three-piece. The butt welding modes are socket welding, groove welding and flat welding. Ball valve buttweld is a new type of valve widely used in recent years, which can be installed horizontally or vertically.
Advantages of ball valve buttweld
1. Fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to that of the same length pipe section.
2. It has simple structure, small volume and light weight.
3. Tight and reliable. At present, the sealing surface material of ball valves is widely used in plastics and has good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in vacuum systems.
4. Easy to operate, quick to open and close, from full to full switching as long as the rotation of 90 degrees, easy to control over long distances.
5. Maintenance is convenient, the ball valve has simple structure, the sealing ring is generally movable, disassembly and replacement are more convenient.
6. When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surface of the sphere and seat is isolated from the medium. When the medium passes through, it will not cause the erosion of the sealing surface of the valve.
7. It can be used in a wide range of applications, ranging from small to several millimeters in diameter and from high vacuum to high pressure.
Characteristic and use of ball valve buttweld
1. Small fluid resistance, ball valve is the least fluid resistance of all valves, even the shrinkage ball valve, its fluid resistance is quite small.
2. Thrust bearing reduces the friction moment of the valve stem, which can make the valve stem operate smoothly and flexibly for a long time.
3. The seating performance of the valve seat is good. The sealing ring made of elastic materials such as PTFE is easy to seal, and the sealing capacity of the ball valve increases with the increase of medium pressure.
4. Stem sealing is reliable. Because the stem is only rotated but not lifted, the packing seal of the stem is not easy to be destroyed, and the sealing ability increases with the increase of the pressure of the medium.
5. Because PTFE and other materials have good self-lubrication and little friction loss with the ball, the service life of the ball valve is long.
6. Bottom-mounted stem and stem head convex step prevent stem from ejecting, such as damage to stem seal caused by fire, metal contact between convex step and valve body can also be formed to ensure stem seal.
7. Anti-static function: Spring is set between sphere, valve stem and valve body, which can derive the static electricity generated during the switching process.