Principle of Ball Valve Selection?
The ball valve
not only has simple structure and good sealing performance, but also has small volume, light weight, less material consumption, small installation size, small driving moment, easy operation and quick opening and closing within a certain nominal diameter range. It is one of the fastest growing valve varieties in the past decade.
1. For the main pipelines for oil and natural gas transportation, which need to be cleaned and buried underground, the ball valves with full-diameter and full-welded structure shall be selected. For those buried on the ground, the ball valves with full-diameter welding connection or flange connection shall be selected. Branch pipe, flange connection, welding connection, full diameter or shrinkage ball valve.
2. The flanged ball valves
are selected for the transportation pipeline and storage equipment of the product oil.
3. Floating ball valves connected by flanges and internal threads are selected in the pipelines of city gas and natural gas.
4. In the oxygen pipeline system of metallurgical system, strict removal should be selected.
5. Low-temperature ball valves with valve caps should be selected for piping systems and installations of cryogenic media.
6. Lifting rod ball valve can be used in the pipeline system of FCC unit of refinery unit.
7. Austenitic stainless steel and PTFE all stainless steel ball valves with seating rings should be selected in the equipment and piping system of corrosive media such as acid and alkali in chemical system.
8. Metal-to-metal sealed ball valves can be used in pipeline systems or devices of metallurgical systems, power systems, petrochemical plants and high-temperature media in urban heating systems.
9. When flow regulation is needed, adjusting ball valves with V-shaped openings driven by worm gears or worms, pneumatic or electric, can be selected.